Slackware packages made easy
Made an easy-to-read list using this page: here.
Note: The handy ruler line in slack-desc should be aligned with the colon! I couldn’t get WordPress to format it right.
- first, make a tmp directory. This will be used later.
- Extract the tarball of whatever source you’re making as a package.
- cd to that source directory and do ./configure
- make install DESTDIR=/home/slacker/source/tmp
- cd to tmp
- mkdir install
- create install/slack-desc (see Slack-wiki)
- cat install/slack-desc to make sure nothing overflows
- makepkg ../vim-73.txz
- answer yes
- installpkg vim-73.txz